FORT WORTH, Texas (Sept. 20, 2022) – Trademark Property Company, a mixed-use investor, developer and operator, has signed multiple new tenants over the past 12 months at its 278,000-square-foot WestBend mixed-use development on University Drive in Fort Worth, bringing occupancy to 99%. Curated leasing has brought a unique tenant mix with new-to-the-market tenants, the first physical stores for two digitally native brands and a restaurant’s first-in-America location.
These merchants join tenants such as Drybar, Dear Hannah, Pressed Juicery, Woodhouse Day Spa, SusieCakes, Ascension Coffee and the recently expanded Warby Parker, and the first brick-and-mortar store of men’s lifestyle brand, johnnie-O. WestBend is known as the premier walkable urban center featuring access to retail, restaurant and office space in Fort Worth’s University District.
With a focus on adding new-to-the-area and diverse tenants, WestBend’s recently signed leases and new tenants include:
- Sweetgreen, a fast-casual restaurant focused on salads, is slated to open its first Fort Worth location at WestBend in Q4 of this year.
- Shake Shack plans to open its second Fort Worth location in Q4.
- Van Leeuwen plans to open in November, offering its tasty dairy and vegan ice cream treats at its first Fort Worth location.
- The Shade Store, a premium custom window treatment company specializing in luxury textiles and interior design, is currently under construction with an opening slated for Q4.
- Karl’s Fishing & Outdoors, which opened earlier this summer, joins johnnie-O as a digitally native brand opening its first physical store at WestBend.
- Quince, an award-winning, global culinary experience, will open its first U.S. location at WestBend. Construction is underway with Quince slated to open in late fall.
- Rowan, a modern and innovative ear-piercing company focused on the health and safety of clients, recently opened its first Texas store at WestBend.
These additions amount to 17,102 square feet of new leases over the past 12 months.
“One of Trademark’s values is to be extraordinary stewards by elevating places, and that is the posture we’ve taken in the evolution of WestBend,” said Terry Montesi, CEO of Trademark. “With an interesting tenant mix and many only-in-Fort Worth locations, we enhanced WestBend and brought a renaissance to the mixed-use development to complement Fort Worth’s already successful University District, making it a top destination in the North Texas region.”
By embracing experiential retail and listening to each tenant, Trademark has added colorful, lively and engaging brands. Best-in-class lifestyle and food-and-beverage brands offer vibrant storefronts and tenant patios that activate the surrounding nature, including the Trinity River and trails, enriching the WestBend experience.
“At WestBend, we have taken great care in our merchandising effort to curate a diverse tenant mix that goes beyond typical retail and restaurant tenants,” said Daniel Goldware, Trademark SVP of Leasing. “This is evident by having two online brands open their first physical stores at WestBend, along with several restaurants and novel brands choosing the development for their first Texas and Fort Worth locations. The center’s new lively ambiance reflects the thought and care our team applied throughout this project.”
Trademark’s mixed-use, retail and institutional services portfolio includes Galleria Dallas, Alliance Town Center in Fort Worth; Market Street – The Woodlands in The Woodlands (Houston); La Palmera Mall in Corpus Christi, Texas; Zona Rosa in Kansas City, Missouri; Annapolis Town Center in Annapolis, Maryland; Bridgewater Commons in New Jersey; and North Point in Alpharetta (Atlanta). In addition to the current portfolio, Trademark previously worked on notable projects including Victory Park and Preston Oaks in Dallas, Watters Creek in Allen (Dallas) and Rice Village in Houston.
About Trademark Property Company
Trademark Property Company is a full-service real estate firm focused on investments, development, and institutional services of retail, multifamily, office and mixed-use properties. Fort Worth, Texas-based Trademark, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, has invested in, developed, or redeveloped 21 million square feet of mixed-use, multifamily, and retail assets worth $4.5 billion. Trademark’s experienced team of more than 141 employees is currently responsible for a 16-property portfolio totaling approximately 8.8 million square feet of mixed-use and retail projects across the country. A three-decade leader in navigating the changing mixed-use real estate landscape, Trademark’s purpose is to be extraordinary stewards, enhance communities and enrich lives. For more information, visit www.trademarkproperty.com or interact on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.