Title: Financial Analyst – Acquisitions and Development
Compensation: Based on Experience and Qualifications
Trademark Property Company is looking for a financial analyst for our Investments and Development teams with a primary focus on underwriting acquisition, development and redevelopment opportunities for mixed-use projects throughout the US. Ideal candidate would have a desire to develop their career within the commercial real estate industry. Candidate should be enthusiastic and have a high energy level. Candidates should desire a dynamic work environment and be willing to assist wherever needed. Candidates must have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel) and Argus with exceptional financial modeling skills.
Specific Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Perform due diligence and underwriting of prospective acquisitions and developments.
- Assemble complex financial models that project the potential financial performance of mixed-use projects – primarily retail, office and multi-family.
- Assist in preparation of project underwriting presentation packages to present to the Company’s executive team, lenders, and investors.
- Perform risk analyses as it relates to development, occupancy, and net operating income, including break-even analysis, lease-up assumptions, market demand, supply, net effective rents, occupancy rates, expenses, and capitalization rates.
- Research specific real estate markets and assess market data and trends.
- Leverage industry knowledge to evaluate retail tenant credit risk and draw conclusions as to the overall potential impact to NOI and cap rate.
- Collaborate with leasing, construction and development teams to develop pro-formas for various redevelopment opportunities.
- Review and monitor “at risk” retail tenants (sales kick-outs, co-tenancy, early termination rights,etc).
- Research and interpret complex lease provisions.
- Analyze prospective tenant financial statements.
- Help finance group obtain and restructure debt and equity financing.
- Develop and maintain corporate “Equity Build” analysis.
- Ensure compliance with debt and equity reporting guidelines.
- Various other financial analyses as directed.
- College degree (Finance degree preferred), with ideally three to five years of experience in a heavy analytical role.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
- Some travel required.
- Strong Excel and Argus modeling experience required, ideally with complex retail / mixed-use assets.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with nuances of retail assets.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, intelligent, creative, flexible, have a great attitude, have strong technical aptitude and a desire to understand real estate investment processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency will be essential for this position.