This position is accountable for troubleshooting, repairs and performing preventive maintenance relative to the electrical, plumbing systems and physical elements of the shopping center.
This position is primarily outdoors. Candidate will need to be able to tolerate all weather conditions.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Routinely inspects facility and retail parking garages, troubleshoots and makes repairs to the site electrical, lighting, plumbing systems and decorative water features
- Identify irrigation system issues to include line breaks, spray head malfunctions
- Monitor day porter activities; reporting any inconsistencies to management
- Monitor daily valet and traffic operations
- Perform a variety of maintenance/minor repair activities on the exterior areas of the property including, but not limited to, painting, drywall, structural elements including parking lot and sidewalks, plumbing repairs, drain stoppages, lighting including lamp, fuse and ballast replacement in all common areas, corridors, stairwells and electrical rooms. Snow and ice treatment and removal as necessary. Garage exhaust fans and pumps. Door and gate repairs, locks, handles, etc. All exterior signs and furniture repairs/maintenance.
- Operation and/or utilization of various hand and power tools/equipment to perform preventative maintenance, minor repairs and maintain cleanliness of center
- Assist other departments, including but not limited to, Marketing to setup events and Local Leasing with placement and repair of carts
- Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment. Complete any safety training required.
- Schedule and perform preventive maintenance programs as assigned by management.
- Maintain the appropriate inventory systems, records, files, safety data sheets, order supplies, maintains equipment and tools in good working order
- May perform additional maintenance duties as assigned
The above is a snapshot of responsibilities and should not be misconstrued as all-inclusive.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years building maintenance experience
- Ability to effectively present information to departmental management, employees, tenants, and outside contacts
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and prepare a well thought out effective solution.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Paint and drywall skills
- Knowledge of basic electrical and plumbing systems
- Understands safety rules, hazards and application of accident prevention measures
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Valid Texas driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; climb ladders
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Trademark Property Company offers a generous benefits package for continuous, regular positions, including but not limited to health, life and retirement (401K) benefits, paid time off (PTO) and 10 paid holidays per year. Special Instructions to Applicants: Please provide resume and three work references for applicant consideration.
Trademark Property Company conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification.