Environmental, Social & Governance Benchmarking
At Trademark, we honor the connection to communities and the environment, recognizing blessings and generously sharing resources with others. Trademark strives to be stewards of sustainability across the portfolio by collaborating with stakeholders at all levels.
We work with industry leading companies to continuously monitor our portfolio’s KPI performance and take deliberate steps to reduce our impact on the environment.
Our corporate culture is one of caring about the communities in which we operate and serve. We consider it our honor and obligation to enhance the customer experience and lifestyle by creating beautiful places for people to gather; curated to honor the way our customers live.
Trademark’s governance framework is designed to ensure that corporate initiatives are effectively managed, that legal obligations are met and that the culture of personal and corporate integrity is achieved.
2020 GRESB Sector Leader
Trademark ranked first among its peer group for Real Estate Development for Retail in America, garnering an overall score of 77 and three Green Stars. Additionally, Trademark ranked second among its peer group for Real Estate Standing Investment for Retail in America, achieving an overall score of 83 and four Green Stars.
- Continue to offer two paid days off for every Trademark employee to volunteer in their community each year.
- Increase employee volunteer hours each year with a goal of 10,000 hours per year by 2025.
- Continue to offer monthly engagement initiatives via our Trademark University and Lunch & Learn webinar series to introduce relevant sustainability and portfolio topics to our employees.
- Continue to offer an annual satisfaction survey to all employees with a goal of 100% participation by employees.
- We have developed an Employee Engagement Committee who will develop actionable goals to increase employee engagement and satisfaction. By 2021, we will expand this committee to include representatives from our field offices.
We strive to make the planet a better place for all our stakeholders by responding to climate change and managing our impact to the environment. Specifically, we will:
- Improve GHG reduction by a minimum of 0.5% to 1.0% annually, for a total reduction of at least 5% by 2025.
- Goal Progress: 3% reduction (2020)
- Improve portfolio-wide energy efficiency by a minimum of 0.5% to 1.0% annually, for a total reduction of at least 5% by 2025.
- Goal Progress: 3% reduction (2020)
- Improve portfolio-wide water efficiency by a minimum of 0.5% to 1.0% annually, for a total reduction of at least 5% by 2025.
- Goal Progress: 5% reduction (Goal Achieved 2020)
- Revised 2021 Goal: Improve portfolio-wide water efficiency by a minimum of 3% annually, for a total reduction of at least 12% by 2025.
- Investigate additional opportunities for renewable energy at select properties by 2025.
- Investigate IREM certification at additional select properties by 2022.
- We will endeavor to place resilience at the forefront of our strategy by continuing to offer emergency preparedness programs and guides at 100% of our properties.
For properties most directly affected by climate change risk, we will investigate and implement portfolio management metrics to reduce risk from a weather-related standpoint.
- Increase Conscious Place elements at select properties, with robust offerings such as property Wi-Fi, custom music playlists, curated art offerings, creative seating and customer relaxation areas.
- Expand Trademark’s Concierge+ program, which takes traditional customer service to a new level with six-star service, unique amenities, and customized experiences throughout our properties. Concierge+ is a personal ambassador, ready to help customers with complimentary services such as hands-free shopping, curbside pick-up and much, much more.
- Add transparency to our sustainability efforts by delivering an annual sustainability report by 2023.
- Increase employee, community and client engagement in the Trademark Make A Difference Foundation, which raised $80,000 in 2019 for non-profit organizations in our community.
- Continue to offer engaging, relevant community engagement activities at 100% of our properties.
Conscious Place Initiative
Conscious Place is the next generation of experiential development that folds together commerce, community and connection. We strive to create spaces that are inspirational, educational, sustainable and a place of wellness and vitality.
Waterside is Trademark’s first ground-up Conscious Place – a 63-acre mixed-use development and Fort Worth’s premier hybrid community and lifestyle center. Responding to feedback for local, artisan, and historic elements, we commissioned Texas artist, Bob “Daddy-O” Wade, to create public art made from repurposed amusement rides, playground equipment and art from the original site.
Make a Difference Initiative
The Trademark Make a Difference initiative encourages community service at all levels of the company and encourages its employees to get involved with charities that they are passionate about. To support this, Trademark’s employee volunteer program provides paid time to give back to the community.
Employees and properties are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve through volunteerism, Conscious Place initiatives, and partnering with community organizations to raise awareness and money.