Position Title: Property Manager
Reports To: Senior Portfolio Manager or VP, Property Management
Position Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day management of one or more assigned property(s) including financial management, tenant relations, vendor relations, operations, maintenance, and marketing,
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the fiscal management of the assigned property(s) including A/R maintenance, A/P and invoice approvals, expense control, and collections.
- Foster strong tenant relations and quickly respond to tenant & property maintenance requests
- Provide support to tenant coordination process to remove property level obstacles
- Prepare annual budget for operational and capital expenditures, with appropriate tracking on a monthly basis, variance reporting, and reforecasting
- Lease and contract administration including rent commencement letters, tenant insurance, lease violations, notice letter, etc.
- Collection of outstanding balances
- Develop and maintain yearly operating management plans for each property
- Regular inspections of each property managed
- Assistance in coordinating with leasing staff regarding expansion opportunities and/or lease extensions
- Frequent interaction, via phone and in person, with Owner Representatives regarding property needs and direction
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports and annual CAM reconciliations
- Enforcement of REA’s and CC&R’s and other special agreements
- Handles new tenant move-ins and coordinates with tenants as necessary.
- Reads all leases, management agreement and leasing agreements to understand major clauses affecting operation and income of property
- Reviews tenant sales reports and communicates to owner and leasing agent positive or negative trends which may affect tenant’s success. ensures tenants are reporting as required.
- Meets deadlines set by management and ownership, works diligently to complete tasks on time
- Responsible for ensuring good customer/tenant experience with meeting and event space reservations (pavilion, community room, etc.)
- Responds to after hour property or tenant emergency calls
- Assists with legal requests and issues
- Understand development/construction on property
- Maintain knowledge of kick-outs, watch list, options
- Responsible for the management of properties’ physical performance (i.e. bidding contracts, inspections, signage approval, performing frequent property walks and inspections).
- Responsible for the management of vendor relations
- Ensure tenants, contractors, shoppers, visitors and guests follow property rules and guidelines
- Works on special projects, ongoing initiatives and other duties as assigned, according to current needs.
- Primarily interacts with property management/asset management staff, marketing, tenants, lease administration, finance, leasing, property owner representative and development.
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Customer service focus
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Priority setting, decisiveness, organization and time-management skills
- Trust and integrity
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Quantitative and analytical skills and an attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of GAAP, retail leasing industry and contract terminology
- Intermediate level proficiency with current Microsoft Office software, email and internet research functionality
- Capable of learning accounting software for daily use
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent and 4 years operational experience in real estate industry.
Qualified candidates please send a cover letter and resume to Maranda Auzenne.