Title: Portfolio Assistant
Reports to: Manager – Portfolio
The Portfolio Assistant is responsible for administrative assistance to the Property Management team, which includes the following positions: EVP – Portfolio, VP – Property Management, Manager/Sr. Manager – Portfolio, two Property Managers, and an Operations Maintenance Manager. This position also provides travel and expense report assistance to the Asset Management team.
Specific Areas of Responsibility Include:
Property-Specific Duties (currently for 5 – 6 properties):
- Code and enter weekly property invoices into various systems;
- Manage database of tenant and vendor insurance certificates of insurance (COIs) to ensure that certificates are up to date and compliant;
- Enter monthly utility data into Energy Star Portfolio Manager;
- Reconcile monthly property credit card, creating invoice and backup for all purchases;
- Monthly Sales Reports: retrieve sales data and enter data into spreadsheet;
- Prepare tenant default notices (as needed);
- Update Property & Vendor Contact Information (as changes occur);
- Check departmental mail daily, and send any checks to the appropriate Lockbox;
- Enter tenant contact data into requested format for annual tenant satisfaction survey;
- Assist property management group with the day-to-day operations and tenant relations through the coordination of tenant requests and administration of maintenance services, including scheduling and tracking roof leak repairs;
- Communicate with tenants regarding any facility work being done on premise (as needed);
- Call utilities for disconnection/late notice (as needed);
- Assist with preparation of annual tenant escalation and reconciliation letters;
- Review monthly water submeter report, informing Property Manager of overdue tenants;
- Update any new remit address/emails in Yardi accounting system (as needed);
- Assist with annual 380 Agreement submission (currently 2 properties);
- Submit tenant issues/concerns from tenant/guest report to security company;
- Review and save daily parking management log, update master parking spreadsheet for new/inactive employees, and send quarterly email to tenants to update the employee parking spreadsheet (1 property);
- Community space reservations: input into shared calendar, communicate with party regarding payment, and work with on-site team regarding any event-specific needs;
- Prepare and send quarterly tenant billback invoices for non-recurring charges only;
- Assist with property transitions/on-boarding of new tenants and vendors;
C-Level Executive (EVP) Assistance:
- Assure contracts needing execution are signed and returned;
- Assist in gathering of reporting metrics for the monthly Portfolio Project Review Meeting;
- Prepare Portfolio Leadership Meeting agenda, take notes/follow up on action items;
- Save Quarterly Property Inspections in Box and contact any team with late submissions;
- Coordinate portfolio details related to EVP Portfolio’s Annual Performance Reviews;
- Coordinate travel details and manage calendar for EVP – Portfolio; including proactively scheduling client/partner meetings. Track number and dates of visits to each property;
- Assist in planning annual Portfolio Management Meeting (organize agenda, reserve hotel block, book meeting room, group transportation, and group restaurant reservations);
- Create, modify, proof and coordinate business development packages/presentations;
- Prepare monthly General Manager Meeting agenda, collect information from Manager’s for meeting PowerPoint, and manage screenshare during the meeting;
- During new property transition, create UPS labels and mail tenant notification letters, following up on any returned letters (as needed).
- Collect and save portfolio utility bills in Box;
- Create new Energy Star Portfolio Manager accounts, including initial set up of meters and initial download of utility data (as needed);
- Train new property employees on how to enter Energy Star utility data (as needed);
Asset Management Team:
- Assistance with booking travel and completing expense reports for Asset Management Team.
- Provide administrative support for Asset Management team for adhoc/special projects as needed.
- All other projects as needed and assigned by portfolio group.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3 to 5 years’ previous Administrative Assistant experience, including real estate experience and working with tenant leases (commercial real estate preferred);
- Candidate must have exceptional MS Office skills;
- Candidate should desire a flexible work environment and be willing to assist other departments as needed.
- Candidate must have Adobe Suite skills (photoshop, illustrator and InDesign);
- Customer focused oral and written communication skills;
- Priority setting, decisiveness, organization and time-management skills;
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor;
- Organization, planning and problem-solving skills required;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Great communication skills and comfortable having challenging conversations with tenants or vendors.
Qualified candidates please send your resume to Maranda Auzenne