Title: Leasing Representative
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Leasing
Direct reports: TBD
Ideal candidate would possess a background in leasing multiple retail project types. Candidate would also have strong relationships with local and national retailers, restaurants, and brokers. Candidate should be able to help lead initiatives, evaluate potential projects and have strong negotiating and interpersonal skills. Candidate should demonstrate a high level of energy, integrity, intellect and a strong work ethic. Candidate should be a self-starter who is willing to help out wherever needed. Other key attributes necessary for the position: able to communicate clearly to co-workers, consultants, and partners, delivering well-reasoned and cost-effective solutions in a timely manner while balancing multiple priorities. Common sense, high-level problem-solving skills, and attention to detail are required. Some travel is required for site visits to development projects, broker offices, and retailer visits.
Specific areas of responsibility would include:
- Lease existing or vacant space within an assigned portfolio.
- Coordinate the entire leasing process from prospect to lease execution.
- Proactively canvass markets to engage new tenants and find the best of the best local/regional/national retailers and restaurants.
- Negotiate and finalize letters of intent and leases and ensure that appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data on all deals within deal tracking program.
- Implement custom, detailed marketing programs to assist in leasing of properties.
- Work with Tenant Services to negotiate landlord’s and tenant’s work exhibits for lease documents.
- Supervise and manage 3rd party brokerage companies and other consultants, as needed.
- Assist acquisitions and development in the underwriting of new project opportunities.
- Focus on the sourcing of new business by building and cultivating industry relationships.
- Know and track all variables of sub-markets for assigned properties including property owners, who is buying/selling/leasing, past/current/average prices, annual property leases, factors affecting value and how transactions are being structured and all building within the territory.
- Work with Senior Vice President of Leasing to ensure adherence to overall company policies, procedures and use of internal resources.
- Establish lasting client relationships.
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business Management, Marketing or related field.
- Three or more years of applicable experience in retail leasing.
- Experience with lease negotiations and Tenant relations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
- Priority setting, decisiveness, organization and time-management skills
- Team oriented, personal achievements and leadership roles in background required.
Qualified candidates please send your resume to email@example.com