Trademark Property Company is looking for an intern for our investments team with a primary focus on analyzing retail and mixed-use projects throughout the US. The ideal candidate would have a desire to develop their career within the commercial real estate industry. Candidates should desire a dynamic work environment and be willing to assist wherever needed. Candidates should have strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, while Argus and financial modeling skills are a plus.
- Perform due diligence and underwriting of properties under management.
- Review and monitor “at risk” retail tenants (sales kick-outs, co-tenancy, early termination rights)
- Assemble complex financial models that project the potential financial performance of retail/mixed-use projects.
- Assist in preparation of project underwriting presentation packages to present to the Company’s executive team, lenders, and investors.
- Research specific real estate markets and assess market data and trends.
- Research and interpret complex lease provisions.
- Assist with financial models that project the potential financial performance of retail/mixed-use projects.
- Perform risk analyses as it relates to development, occupancy, and net operating income, including break-even analysis, lease-up assumptions, market demand, supply, net effective rents, occupancy rates, expenses, and capitalization rates.
- Various other financial analyses and research as directed.
- College degree pending (finance or real estate degree strongly preferred), ideally sophomore or junior.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
- Some local travel expected.
- Strong Excel and Argus modeling experience a plus, ideally with complex retail / mixed-use assets.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, intelligent, creative, flexible, have a great attitude, have strong technical aptitude and a desire to understand real estate investment processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency will be essential for this position.
- No H1B sponsorships
- In Fort Worth / Dallas office area only
- Hiring for Fall 2023 and / or Winter 2024
- Ideal for undergrad student