A professional, energetic individual with the desire to learn full cycle property management accounting and who communicates well at all levels, has the ability to multi-task, set priorities and adhere to deadlines. Accounting degree required. Experience in all job responsibilities below not required, but willingness to learn a must.
· Perform full cycle accounting including accounts payable, journal entries, monthly accruals and reconciliations.
· Generate monthly Rent Roll, review for accuracy.
· Prepare monthly tenant percentage rent calculation and billings.
· Enter daily cash receipts/tenant rents and monitor and actively pursue A/R balances.
· Maintain property management sub-ledger including both lease and billing information.
· Calculate monthly property management fees; process payments.
· Prepare month-end reporting packages, review and analyze variances; distribute to parties as required.
· Prepare complex annual NNN reconciliations and related billings for Office and Retail tenants.
· Prepare/calculate/process monthly cash analysis and Partner distributions.
· Prepare annual work papers and reconciliations for year-end tax returns.
· Prepare annual budget and quarterly financial forecast.
· Respond to audit inquiries from external auditors, owners and external business partners.
· Review new retail and office leases and lease amendments and create and adjust tenant billings based on a thorough understanding of lease terms.
· Respond to tenant questions regarding monthly charges, outstanding amounts due, annual CAM reconciliations.
· Complete special projects as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· 1-3 years accounting experience, real estate accounting a plus; clear understanding of financial statements (GAAP).
· Strong MS Excel and MS Word skills.
· Candidate must be enthusiastic, creative, flexible, have strong technical aptitude; detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.