The Director of Property Management is responsible for guiding, coaching and developing an assigned portfolio of property teams and directly managing onsite property teams. This position serves as the project leader for transitions, coordinates new property onboarding, training and serves as a key member of ESG team.
- Ensure that property performance standards are aligned with each property’s operational goals, while driving consistency in operations as appropriate.
- Conduct operational audit program yearly and guide process of developing action plan for any gaps exposed during audits as needed.
- Mentor and ensure that property management teams adhere to Management Agreement and portfolio property management and operational guidelines.
- Lead new property transitions by coordinating and communicating appropriately to all stakeholders, ensuring that all requested documents are received and saved, and implementing staffing plans.
- Support the annual property budget process and provide guidance, along with the Asset manager, to ensure they are submitted to owners timely and accurately.
- Provide guidance and support to Property Managers, assist with staff training, development, and motivation.
- Ensure appropriate training of Property Managers on issues involving vendor and contract management, tenant relations, client meetings, capital projects, lease administration, etc.
- Assume direct property management duties when no Property Manager is hired but is obligated by Management Agreement, as needed.
- Collaborate on initiatives including team building, staff development, recognition, succession planning and hiring needs.
- Meet regularly to discuss the status of teams, projects, and issues. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Meet with various departments regularly to discuss initiatives and issues resolution.
- Participate with industry organizations and conferences, webinars and panels to enhance leadership and company presence.
- Perform ad hoc and special projects as needed and assigned.
- 5 to 7 years of property management experience; preferably in mixed use retail shopping center environments.
- Excellent leadership qualities with a proven track record of staff development and mentorship.
- Proven financial acumen and experience preparing and interpreting monthly financial packages.
- Experience creating and executing annual property operating budgets and capital budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and track record of established relationships with coworkers, clients, and vendors.
- MS Office suite proficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, business degree and/or MBA a plus; may consider equivalent specific experience.
- CSM/CPM or other similar industry designation a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective employee management acumen
- Must be available to travel as needed.