Title: Operations / Maintenance Manager
Compensation: Based on Experience and Qualifications
Reports to: VP, Property Management
In this role, the Operations Manager will support the property management team in providing technical oversight for a retail and mixed-use portfolio exceeding 1 one million plus square feet located in Ft. Worth and Austin. The position will work closely with outsourced service providers and internal staff to ensure that each property meets or exceeds the company standard for quality service, safety, efficiency and appearance.
Candidate will have a background in commercial real estate operations or facilities management with expertise in the operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire/life safety systems. Candidate will also have experience overseeing capital projects and large repair and maintenance projects.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in retail and mixed-use assets or asset types with similar breadth and complexity. Candidate must demonstrate success in a fast-paced and flexible environment and be able to work effectively across all levels of the organization from building maintenance technicians to senior executives. Effective verbal and written communication skills, with a strong customer service focus are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide daily support for Property Management and be a resource for other teams such as Tenant Coordination, Marketing and Leasing teams.
- Assist in overseeing the daily physical operation of assigned properties including regular inspections to insure properties are clean, safe and secure.
- Participate with property management staff in the development of property budgets for capital expenditures, maintenance and repairs.
- Execute strategic and operational initiatives related to safety, technical consulting, preventative maintenance, capital project supervision, etc.
- Manage the contractor prequalification, bidding, and selection process for capital projects and large repair and maintenance projects. Create scopes of work and then oversee the vendors performing work on the properties.
- Work with Property Managers to make project recommendations with follow-through to completion.
- Maintain strong relations with vendors and third party service providers to ensure compliance with company policies, quality standards, and schedule requirements.
- Associate’s degree or higher and a minimum of 5 years of experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires hands-on experience in engineering/facilities management of commercial buildings and experience overseeing typical building infrastructure and repair projects such as HVAC, equipment replacements, roof work, concrete flatwork, irrigation, elevators, A/V, etc.
- Communication Skills
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret bid proposal documents. Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, fellow employees and third party clients.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Other skills and/or Abilities
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Box. Working knowledge of property management and construction.
- Ability to be on calls, tenant requests and emergencies on nights and weekends.
What Trademark Provides
- 15 days Paid Time Off – no waiting period. Increases over time
- Additional day off for your birthday each year
- 2 Additional Volunteer days to use in your own community
- 10 additional paid holidays off
- 401k employer match after 30 days of employment
- Employee assistance program to support every aspect of your wellbeing
- Annual Bonus Structure
- Company Paid LTD, STD, and Life Insurance
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- Monthly team meetings
To apply for this position, send resume to:
Maranda Auzenne at email@example.com
View Complete Job Post