The Benefits Specialist is responsible for the administration of Trademark’s benefit program including employee communication, day to day benefit administration. Working closely with the Vice President of Human Capital to manage existing benefit programs as well as assist in the research and proposal to Senior Management of annual renewal changes.
– Responsible for overall day to day administration and compliance for all benefit programs including, medical/dental/vision plans, LTD, STD, 401(k), wellness and telemedicine.
– Manages communication efforts and tools for employees to be well informed of their benefits. Also serves as primary contact for employees related to more complex benefit issues and handles the administration of FMLA and disability issues.
– Primary contact with benefit consultants and plan providers to ensure efficient administration of benefit plans. Working with the Vice President, Human Capital, research, analyze and recommend new benefit programs for Trademark to remain competitive and manage costs related to benefit plans. Implement programs providing effective communication and training to employees.
-Responsible for management of the systems and technology to support the benefit plans.
-Manages existing wellness programs as well as analyzes effectiveness of programs and research/recommend new initiatives.
-Ensures compliance with governmental regulations related to benefit programs and labor law, including ERISA, FMLA, and HIPAA. This includes required testing and audits.
In addition to being informed about procedures regarding the selection and allocation of benefits, a benefit specialist should have the following qualifications:
- Analytical skills to analyze data on cost of benefits to devise programs that best fit the organization.
- Communication skills to convey benefits to employees and answer their questions—from giving presentations to day-to-day working with colleagues, they must have the ability to clearly respond to concerns and help solve problems employees may have.
- Leadership skills involve coordinating staff activities, administering the benefits program, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Detail oriented in keeping records and in staying updated on state and federal government regulations.
- Strong organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills working with management, benefit providers, and employees.
At Trademark, we recognize that our strength is directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We approach our business as learners and not knowers, and we equip our employees with the tools and training needed to succeed professionally. Trademark provides a highly collaborative work environment that encourages interaction and learning across teams and senior leadership.
Trademark Property Co is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.