The assistant property manager will provide day-to-day operations management of the property and maintain professional, courteous, and responsive relationships with ownership representatives, tenants, vendors, contractors and co-worker customers.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management functions of the property, including telephone contact and correspondence with owner, tenants, contractors, and vendors.
- Foster strong tenant relations and quickly respond to tenant & property maintenance requests.
- Provide support to tenant coordination process to remove property level obstacles.
- Prepare annual budget for operational and capital expenditures, with appropriate tracking monthly.
- Lease and contract administration including rent commencement letters, tenant insurance, lease violations.
- Collection of outstanding balances
- Invoice approval and expense control
- Preparation of required property reports
- Develop and maintain yearly operating management plans for each property.
- Regular inspections of each property managed.
- Assistance in coordinating with leasing staff regarding expansion opportunities and/or lease extensions
- Frequent interaction, via phone and in person, with Owner Representatives regarding property needs and direction.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports, annual operating budgets, and CAM reconciliations.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable for the properties.
- Enforcement of REA’s and CC&R’s and other special agreements
- Handle new tenant move-ins and coordinate with tenants as necessary.
- Read all leases, management agreements and leasing agreements to understand major clauses affecting the operation and income of property.
- Review tenant sales reports and communicate to owner and leasing agent positive or negative trends which may affect tenant’s success. Ensure tenants are reporting as required.
- Meet deadlines set by management and ownership, work diligently to complete tasks on time.
- Responsible for ensuring good customer/tenant experience with meeting and event space reservations (pavilion, community room, etc.)
- Respond to after-hour property or tenant emergency calls.
- Assist with legal requests and issues.
- Understand development/construction on property.
- Vendor oversight – contract renewals, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of kick-outs, watch list, options.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Vocational school required.
- 1-3 years of Assistant Property Management experience
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite and internet navigation skills.
- General office, bookkeeping and sales skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee must be able to travel up to 15% of the time. Travel may vary in frequency and duration. The employee must demonstrate the ability to exert up to 25 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.